Travel Information

Passport and Visa
All travelers entering Japan must have a valid passport. A participant requiring a visa
should apply to a Japanese consular office or diplomatic mission in his or her respective
country prior to departure. Participants are advised to contact their local travel agencies
or airline companies for assistance.

The currency used in Japan is yen. Foreign currency or travelerfs checks can be changed
to yen at major banks, hotels, or airports. Only Japanese yen is accepted at stores and

It is necessary to show your passport when changing travelerfs checks.
Bills come in units of 1,000, 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000 yen, and coins in units of 1, 5, 10,
50, 100, and 500 yen.
The approximate exchange rate for U. S. $1 is 103yen (as of May 2008).

Travelerfs Checks and Credit Cards
Travelerfs checks are not as popular in
Japan as in some other countries. They are
usually accepted only by leading banks and major hotels.

American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, or VISA are widely accepted at hotels,
department stores, shops, and restaurants.

Tax and Tipping
There is no custom of individual tipping in Japan. Instead, a service charge will be
included in the bill where applicable. A 5% sales tax applies to almost all consumer
goods made in

The climate in Tokyo in September is hot and humid with the temperatures ranging
from 20C to 30C.

Japan operates on 100 volts for electrical appliances. The frequency is 50 Hz in eastern
Japan including Hakone.

Access to Hakone

Map of Conference Site

Yumoto Fujiya Hotel
256-1 Yumoto, Hakone-machi, Kanagawa 250-0392
TEL: +81-460-85-6111 / FAX: +81-460-85-6142

Map of Conference Rooms